Orange Chicken Recipe – Easy & Tasty
Tasty orange chicken, made of boneless succulent chicken pieces, tastes very delicious. The tender, juicy yet crispy chicken pieces when smothered in an authentic chinese orange sauce, creates a taste that will make you lick your fingers.
- Chicken- boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces ( 4 chicken breasts)
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1/3 cup corn-starch
- 1/3 cup flour
- Cooking oil for frying
Orange Chicken Sauce
- 1 cup orange juice ( fresh juice for the best taste and flavor)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 full tablespoons of Rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon finely and freshly chopped ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or you can use 2 garlic cloves ( finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Fresh orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon corn-starch for thickening the gravy
- Green onions for garnishing
Mix flour and cornstarch together along with a pinch of salt
Whisk eggs in a different dish
First dip the chicken breast pieces in the mixture of whisked eggs and then in the mixture of flour and cornstarch
Place the chicken pieces on a plate
Put 2-3 inches of oil in a pan for deep frying. Make sure that the oil is hot ( you can use a thermometer to make it confirmed that the oil reaches 350-degree temperature)
Fry the chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes and let it become golden brown in color. ( Keep the flame medium)
Use a paper towel to soak the excess oil
For Orange Sauce
In a pan, add the orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes and heat for 2-3 minutes ( don’t overcook it)
Take a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
Add it to the orange sauce and continue cooking for thickening the gravy.
Once the gravy is thickened, remove it from heat and let it cool.
Add fresh orange zest for the mind-blowing aroma
Toss the fried chicken pieces with the orange sauce and serve hot. For a great look, top it with freshly grated orange zest and green onions.