- Prep Time5 Mins
- Cook Time10 Mins
Colombian hot chocolate has historically been bitter due to the use of genuine dark chocolate, which is blended with hot milk in the preparation. When served with a soft cheese that melts in the bottom of a cup and combines with the liquid, it provides the drink with the perfect balance of sweetness and salty.
Follow our recipe for “chocolate con queso,” a favorite comfort food also known as “chocolate con queso,” to make Colombian hot chocolate for yourself.
Colombian Hot Chocolate Recipe
If you want to learn how to make Colombian hot chocolate, read on!
- Time needed for the preparation: 5 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Time allotted: 10 minutes
- Boiling is the method used.
- Drinks are included in the menu.
- 12 cup whole milk
- 12 cups of water
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate (Mexican)
- 14 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- 1-ounce shredded mozzarella cheese (diced)
- Remove the mixed liquid of milk and water from the heat after it has reached a steaming state.
- In the saucepan, melt the dark chocolate and powdered cinnamon by stirring them together until they are fully dissolved.
- Fill a blender halfway with the hot chocolate mixture and blend on high for 1 minute, or until frothy.
- Serve by first placing the chopped mozzarella in the bottom of a mug and then adding the Colombian hot chocolate on top of it.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.