Air fryers are now as kitchen equipment, help in making food healthy by avoiding deep frying. Few people are not that adopted to use kitchen gadgets so quickly and keep asking a question about the usage and ways to cook; the questions include most commonly asked questions: Can I use parchment paper in an air fryer?
The answer is yes, and the parchment paper can be used in the air fryer. However, it is best if you kept in mind a few things while using it.
How Can I Use Parchment Paper In an Air Fryer
- Use the right parchment paper: Using the right parchment paper is the appropriate way. There are pre-made, perforated parchment papers designed for air-fryers. You can get the liners available in the market as per the model and size of the air-fryer you have. You can make the liners at home also.
- Confirm the maximum temperature: You need to check the maximum temperature of the air fryer before using parchment paper as it can manage the temperature in the air fryer while cooking.
- Do not put loose parchment paper in the air fryer: A heating element in the air fryer blows and spreads the hot air on food. Loose parchment paper can be a blow-off because of lightweight. And encourage the fire in the air fryer. Add food items and keep on the parchment paper to get them cooked properly.
- Do Not Cover the Whole Basket with Parchment Paper: The parchment paper should not be covered over the air fryer’s basket. You can cut the Parchment paper into the size of a basket. The sides should be a bit open of basket, not covering anything to get the proper airflow for cooking.
- Use Parchment Paper in the Food Basket Only: The Parchment need to be put on only in the food basket. Some companies allow the foil paper to be placed in a drawer to get the extra oil dropped from the food basket. The foil paper can be easily removed and replaced. You need to check the user manual for this. However, you can cover the food basket using Parchment Paper easily.
- Consult the Air Fryer’s Manual: Before putting anything in the air fryer, you need to go through the user manual. Air fryers allowed and designed in way to cook with a perforated liner in the basket only. However, some don’t need it and can be cooked with Parchment paper. To keep better life of your air fryer and your too, you need to be extra careful before experimenting.
What Is Parchment Paper?
Parchment paper is a commonly used silicon coated paper while cooking. This is the oven-safe, silicon-based paper used for non-stick usage. Parchment paper is suitable for high temperatures. This helps to make the food grease-free and helps to maintain the surface of the oven, microwave, or air fryer where we keep the food items to bake. Parchment paper also helps to clean the machine easily. It is recommended to use Parchment paper while cooking in an air fryer to sustain the life of the basket.
How to Make Perforated Parchment Paper
Making the perforated Parchment paper at home is the easiest task, you need some material like parchment scissors and a revolving cutter, and you need to follow the below steps for this:
- You need to cut the parchment paper to the required size.
- Make layers on top of the parchment sheets.
- Cut the layers of Parchment sheets with the help of a revolving cutter to make perforating sheet at one time.
Using Parchment paper in the air fryer is always safe. It’s always better to consider the guidelines before you start using an air fryer. To get the desired results in baking and cooking use of Parchment paper is recommended.