Prep Time25 Mins
Cook Time40 Mins
Looking to prepare for a side dish that tastes awesome, as well as, easy to make? Well, then you’d definitely like the Green Bean Casserole Recipe. It’s made entirely from scratch and never fails to win over the heart of foodies of all age groups. No matter the occasion, the Green Bean Casserole Recipe will make your guests crave for more. The soggy, frozen green beans are the star attraction.
Sounds exciting, right? Let’s discuss how you can cook this mouth-watering dish effortlessly and please your guests.
Green Bean Casserole Recipe Ingredients
To make this gem of a side dish, you need to know the list of ingredients thoroughly. Here’s a list of ingredients required –
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into small-sized pieces.
- 1 batch Mushroom Alfredo Sauce.
- 1 batch Crispy Onion Topping (see below)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%, but any milk will do)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
So, here are three things that you’re essentially going to need.
Steps To Make Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Well, you must understand that since this recipe involves preparing each of the components from scratch, it’ll take a bit more time. But we can guarantee that the effort you’ll put will be worth it. Just spend twenty odd minutes extra, and enjoy this wonderful cuisine.
- Heat oven to 375-degree Fahrenheit.
- Trim, Cut, and Briefly Boil the Green Beans – The first step involves cooking the green beans in a large bowl for about 3 to 5 minutes. The duration of cooking will entirely depend on how crispy you want the green beans to be.
- Now, use a slotted spoon and transfer the beans into a bowl filled with ice water. Going forward, stir the beans to halt the cooking.
- Prepare the Crispy Onion Topping – Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil in a large bowl over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until the onion is cooked partially. Now, saute a thinly-sliced onion in butter, till it turns soft.
- Then, transfer the onion in a separate plate and saute the Panko breadcrumbs in butter until it turns golden in color. Then, take a bowl and add onions, Panko, Parmesan, salt, and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Prepare the Alfredo Sauce – While preparing Alfredo Sauce, briefly rinse and dry a saute pan. Now, pour butter on the pan and melt it over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
Stir until it turns light brown and soft. Add garlic and saute it. Again, stir the contents and add the vegetable stock. Stir the contents thoroughly. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens. Next, remove the heat and season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix it all – Mix the green beans and mushroom alfredo sauce and stir the mixture. Next, spread the green bean mixture in an even layer. Then, sprinkle the onion topping mixture uniformly.
- Bake – Bake it for 25 minutes.
- Serve Warm – Finally, remove the bowl from the oven and serve warm.
So, here was our complete guide on the green bean casserole recipe. Liked it? Well, then share your thoughts in the comment section and let us know when you’re planning to make it! You can also try other popular recipes from our recipe’s section.