Are you out of stock with maple syrup, you can use maple syrup substitute defined below
Maple syrup is mainly a baking item used to get a sweet flavour in pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, or porridge. It has a caramel taste. Also, it gives an insignificant treacle essence too. Maple syrup is not only a syrup; you can add it to dishes. However, you need to identify your need to use this as per grades available before you buy.
There are four grades of maple syrup obtainable as per the choice.
- Light Amber maple syrup: The most liked and consumed by many to get the actual and delightful taste. It flavours like vanilla and the lighted colour of maple syrup.
- Medium Amber maple syrup: This maple syrup is light in colour than golden maple syrup, but it is rich and classy in taste.
- Dark Amber maple syrup: The dark golden colour maple syrup has an intense taste.
- Darkest Amber maple syrup: The darkest colour of maple syrup has the strongest and indifferent flavour.
Maple Syrup has many health benefits such as:
- It is full of several antioxidants.
- It fights against inflammatory diseases.
- It prevents cancer disease.
- It helps protect skin health.
- It is the source of vitamins and minerals.
If you are preparing pancakes on any fine day and you realized that you are short of maple syrup. But still, you don’t need to worry; alternate things can be used instead of maple syrup. The substitute of maple syrup can be used as you want to use maple syrup; these alternatives can be the best options to explore and enjoy the exclusive taste of pancakes, wafers or French toast or anything you want to make sweet.
3 Best Maple Syrup Substitute Which You Can Try
Here are the available options to use as an alternative to maple syrup:
The best substitute for maple syrup is honey. It is the same inconsistency, colour and sweetness. Honey is well known medicine and used a lot because of many health benefits. It is used for healing wounds. Honey is a great source of antioxidants and contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps in preventing digestion related issues and suitable for a sore throat. Honey can be a healthy and sweet option despite maple syrup.
Brown sugar syrup
This can be prepared at home. You need to take a half cup of brown sugar to add into a quarter cup of water with half a teaspoon of vanilla extract in it. Dissolve the mixture by heating it on medium heat. Stir it until it turns into the required consistency. Make sure not to boil this mixture to remain the same as golden maple syrup.
This is a spin-off of sugar making process with a sweet taste. It contains caramel flavour as well, same as maple syrup. It is a bit darker in colour than maple syrup, so you need to be careful while using molasses on pancakes or French toasts. Molasses is kind of perfect option to use if you don’t have maple syrup available.
Homemade Maple Syrup
If you still not convened to consume any of the above instead of maple syrup, you can try this mixture as a maple syrup substitute at home.
Following are the ingredients to make maple syrup at home:
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- One teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon maple extract/ vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
The below steps, you need to follow to prepare maple syrup at home:
- Take a pan, add Granulated sugar and stir on medium flame until it gets melt.
- Take out the pan from the heat and keep it aside.
- Take another pan, add brown sugar and mix on medium flame until it gets melt.
- Take out the pan from heat and add boiling water, do not stir.
- Let the melted brown sugar dissolved into the water, and then add caramelized sugar into the mixture.
- Keep this pan on the temperature and let the mixture gets simmer.
- Again take out the pan from heat and beat it in butter
- Then extract the variety into a bottle to store; homemade maple syrup is ready to use.
There is no need to be sad about not having maple syrup at home when preparing dishes; the kitchen is the best place where you might have many alternative ideas to consume the things and you are short of. You need to be creative enough to use substitutes around the corner.