- Prep Time25 Mins
- Cook Time35 Mins
How to Make Pizza Dough?
Pizza is love, right? There’s hardly a person in the world who doesn’t appreciate a well-prepared pizza. Given a chance, we could probably live on pizza for the rest of our lives.
And the only thing better than eating pizza is making it in your own kitchen just the way you like it. Once you’ve mastered the art of preparing a pizza dough, you can eat as much pizza as you want, whenever you want.
It’s true that ready-made pizza bases and dough are available in the market, but making your own at home is a much healthier and cheaper option.
You can also spice up your pizza dough (pun intended) by adding your favorite seasoning, like herbs, garlic, and infused oils. You can enjoy your homemade customized pizza as an evening snack, a packed lunch, or a gourmet dinner.
Pizza is a favorite among kids, which means you no longer have to worry about what to put in their school lunchbox every day. A homemade pizza is nutritious, delicious, and will be a huge hit among children, teens, and young adults alike.
The secret to the perfect pizza dough is water temperature. The temperature of water must be appropriate! It should be neither hot nor cold. If the water isn’t warm enough, it won’t work on the yeast.
On the other hand, very hot water will kill the yeast. The temperature of the water should be 40 to 45®C.
Once we’ve got the water right, it’s time to look at the other ingredients. The recipe we’re using yields 3 pizza bases. You can adjust the quantity the way you want to.
Soft Pizza Dough Recipe
Ingredients We need:
- 2 cups of flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp khameer or dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One small bowl to prepare the yeast
- One large, deep bowl to make the dough
- Rolling pinto roll out the dough
- Wet cloth
- Baking tray
- Oven to bake the pizza base
Now follow the steps given below to prepare the dough and roll them into 3 pizza bases.
- Combine the dry yeast and sugar with some water in a small bowl and mix well. Beat the mixture with a spoon until you see the yeast frothing and bubbling up.
- Cover the rising flour and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take a large, deep bowl. In this bowl, combine the yeast-water mix with maida, olive oil, and salt. Knead this into dough by hand, the way you do for making rotis. Keep adding water while you knead. We want our dough to be soft.
- Once the dough is kneaded, it needs to be covered with a wet muslin cloth and set aside for an hour.
- After an hour, press the dough lightly with your fingers to allow any air bubbles to escape. Divide the dough into three equal portions.
- Roll out the portions into circular bases using a rolling pin or belan. The bases should be about 7-inches in diameter. Prick the bases evenly with a fork to check for the desired consistency.
- Place all three pizza bases on a baking tray. Preheat oven to 180®C (or 360®F) and bake for around five minutes.
- Your pizza base is ready! It is now ready to be used for different pizza recipes whenever you want. The pizza base lasts in the fridge for as long as two weeks. Although, you might want to cover it with plastic wrap so the surface of the dough doesn’t dry out.
Liked this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments section. Share with us your favorite pizza recipes and your own pizza dough hacks and secrets. Don’t forget to follow us for more yummy recipes that you can have fun trying out.
You may also like to read “The Ultimate Guacamole Recipe”.