A crawfish is a type of fish. It tastes a bit sweet and firm in texture. Many people think that taste of crawfish is like lobster or crab. However, the reality is different. The natural flavour lies between shrimp and crab. The process of reheat crawfish if it is prepared in excess, anyone should know who wants to have crawfish.
What is Crawfish?
Crawfish is freshwater shellfishes, somewhere looks like a lobster. However, crawfish is smaller than lobster in size. Crawfish stay and developed in freshwater lakes and streams, and it is said that their presence makes the water clean.
The crawfish dish is a diverse taste of crab and shrimp. But crawfish is less salty and a bit sweeter as compare to crabs. Each body part has a different flavour of crawfish. However, legs, claws and tails have a similar taste. The feet have a mild meat flavour, whereas the legs also have less meat. But the tails are a bit sweet and meatier.
Commonly crawfish is cooked by boiling. You need to pour water into a pot. Boil the water, add crawfish and plunge them in the boiling pot. Cook them at least for 15 mins, remove the pan from the stove, and let the food settle for the next 15 mins. You can have them and enjoy them while they are at room temperature.
How to Store Crawfish?
To store crawfish, they need to be kept in an airtight container as quickly as you realise that they won’t be used much as you prepared. Keep containers in the freezer to make them re-use.
How to Reheat Boiled Crawfish?
It’s pretty easy to reheat the leftover crawfish. You can reheat them in a pot with a lid, and you need a steamer basket, tongs and the excess spices you used earlier to cook crawfish.
You can easily reheat the crawfish by following below steps:
- Scatter the excess spices in the pot to maintain the flavour even after you reheat.
- Add enough water to the pot, and it should not touch the top surface of the pot.
- Keep the steamer on the top of the pot.
- Let the water boiled properly.
- Put crawfish in the steamer and cover with a lid. Keep them on steam for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Check them after 5 minutes to see the proper heat level. Keep for one or two minutes extra if you feel they are not heated enough.
- Serve them in a dish and enjoy the flavoured taste of crawfish.
Seafood has excellent taste and a tender feel; it is essential to know how to cock and reheat if you have leftover crawfish. The process mentioned above will make you feel like you have freshly made crawfish.